Headings start and end with 2 or 3 = signs.
To make text bold, surround the text with three single quotes (ticks).
To make text italic, surround the text with two single quotes.
A blank line is used to indicate the end of a paragraph. Without a blank line, the text flows on in the same paragraph.
Lists have a * or # sign as the first character.
Lines starting with one or more spaces are not reformatted.
Lines starting with a : are indented.
- You can also use the toolbar buttons which appear above the text entry box.
- You can always use the "Show preview" button to check how your entry will look
- Remember to save your changes once you are happy with them.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cheatsheet Handy summary - maybe worth printing
- http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing_toolbar Explains each of the buttons above the text entry box