Sea kayaking intro trip 13-14 August 2011
Photos from Stephen
- Trip report haiku
- kayaking for tarts
- the green barges
- swim faster
- Trip report in the style of William McGonagall
- Twas a cloudy Sabbath day in August,
- You should have come along and saw us!
- On the rising tide up the River Thames,
- Under the bridges and around the bends,
- With Ailien in charge of all
- We really had a paddling ball.
- The tourists on the bridges did wave
- At the novice paddlers so brave
- And shoot with cameras at the little kayaks
- That did shoot so nobly there and back,
- Till the Portuguese Bakery we did sight
- And stopped off just to eat a bite.
- After the turning of the tide
- We’d all eaten all the pastries they could provide,
- And soon at Shadwell we all arriv’d
- The wake and waves we had all surviv’d.
- With only two little capsizes into the drink
- That brought the Police over but no-one did sink!