Difference between revisions of "Meeting20191109"
(Created page with "Committee Meeting 11th September 2019 7pm Natalie, Lindsey, Chris W, Ian, Lou, Tom, Theresa, Katie, Alan, Jo, Erin, Dom Apologies: Lars. Gavin 1.Outcome of coaches meeting...")
Revision as of 09:37, 22 November 2019
Committee Meeting 11th September 2019 7pm Natalie, Lindsey, Chris W, Ian, Lou, Tom, Theresa, Katie, Alan, Jo, Erin, Dom
Apologies: Lars. Gavin
1.Outcome of coaches meeting – incentives for helpers. Who can coach? Encourage peer paddling on Tuesday Agreed with syllabus discover/explore award. Jo has arranged dates for FRST & paddle sport instructors. Jo happy to help with section. First aid dates to go on forum. Reimbursement. Offer incentive for people to help out. Free BBQ. How to encourage peer paddling- make combination in the rules. People to happy to help out. Current rules – 3 x 2* stars to peer paddle. ? pictures of coaches to see who responsible. Experienced coaches leading groups – share skills. Action: who’s who on board (Jo)
New explore syllabus distribute and in office window (Lindsey) ? improve coaches rota. Change coaching rota – to program rota (Lindsey & Gavin).
2.Money - £1500 each section. WW already bought 2 boats. ?? as to whether professional repairs were worth it. WW section needs bigger boat. SK section to buy new sea kayak. Open boat – lack of storage. ?? need more boats. We can use trailer from basin. We can negotiate space/storage. Action: Tom & Lindsey to discuss with Michele regarding boat repairs Basin having clear out next week
3. Lou – WW boat. Throw lines Alan – Canoe. Air bags Theresa – sea kayak. Tow line Spray decks – need new ones. Action: ?? bulk order Lindsey, Lou, Alan, Theresa
4. Old role revival – duty officer – who is responsible for locking up. What are we responsible for? Tidying up.
5. Key Tracking
private keys - when lending keys – only lend out paddle store and cage. Not the other keys. Signing clip board.
Action: clip board - Lindsey
6. Boat storage – email for boat storage for removal of unused boats. Storage does not mean keys. Action: Lindsey – Email people re boat storage
7. Old jetty status – not accessible. Big jetty Brussell’s wharf is accessible – can we use space – gate will never be used again? Can it be used for storage? Unsure of basins position - in front of the gate. New volunteer’s coordinator to clear space. Action: Chris to ask Mike
8. Xmas paddle – do we want? Social vs distance? Committee agree with social paddle – different types of craft. Good social mixture.
9. Liaison roles Chris – intention to come back for every trustee meeting – intends to be around once a month. Would like to carry on. Ian – cannot do from new location. Stepping down. Need replacement. Around on Tuesday night. We have had an expression of interest. Appoint acting liaison officer– and then vote on AGM. Action: Lindsey to post for expressions of interest
AOB: Tom: Boat storage – more formal – Tom to draft terms. Erin & Dom: Xmas party – Friday December 6th Dom: questions of how club works Ian: thank you from Ian – club is fun. Lindsey: large cags – we will buy