The Shadwell Basin Outdoor Activity Centre was started in 1976 by local parents and since that time has been transformed from a derelict site into a superb facility for learning watersports and outdoor activities. The seven acres of the Basin and slipway access to the broad, fast moving water of the River Thames present the ideal water conditions to provide both safety and adventure from beginner to expert.
The Centre offers a range of facilities
- Changing rooms with showers and lockers, lecture rooms, offices and workshops.
The Centre offers a range of activities
- Kayaking - The Centre has a varied fleet of kayaks suitable for general purpose use, as well as white water playboats and sea kayaks.
- Canoeing - The Centre has a fleet of open canoes, suitable for 2 to 3 people.
- Climbing - The Centre has a purpose built outdoor climbing wall suitable for groups of up to 10 people.
- High Ropes - This is the only course of its kind in central London and offers fantastic opportunities for school groups, youth clubs and corporate teambuilding activities.
- Sailing - The Centre uses both the River Thames and the enclosed water of Shadwell Basin for sailing sessions.
- Bell Boats - The Centre has two Bell Boats, which are like large open canoes linked with a walkway down the middle, to make a very stable catamaran like boat that is paddled by up to 10 people.
- Dragon Boats - The Centre was the first in London to use these traditional Chinese boats.
The Centre is also host to other clubs
- Tower Hamlets Canoe Club
- Docklands Dive School
- Predators School of Martial Arts
- Address - 3-4 Shadwell Pierhead, Glamis Road, London E1W 3TD Maps
- Email - email@example.com
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Shadwell-Basin-Outdoor-Activity-Centre-178974747585/
- Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-slmRzO2eep5jz8k9Uixxw