White water kayaking
The lunatic fringe!
White water is a very exciting aspect of paddle sport. Whether it be plummeting down a mountain stream, surfing a big wave or learning the latest playboating trick.
London may possibly be the worse geographical location for white water. However, THCC has an active and growing pool of members addicted to getting out and about and experiencing the best aspects of our sport.
Regular trips are organised to Wales and Devon as well as artificial courses such as the Olympic course at Lee Valley, Cardiff, Holme Pierpoint and Nene as well as local weirs such as Hurley. In addition members have organised trips to Scotland, Spain, Slovenia, Italy, Morocco and France in search of the best rivers.
Please speak to your white water (reps) for further information.
WW Rep – Role and Responsibilities
- Enthusing about WW and the club at all opportunities
- Answering questions from newbies and the experienced alike about how to get the most out of the sport, and advertising the trips.
- Organising Trips
- Booking coaches
- Booking accommodation
- Getting everyone in a car, preferably with a boat and their kit
- General WW kit care and maintenance when required
- Putting together a yearly kit order and maintaining the equipment list on the forum