Assessing BCU 1* and 2*
For a Level 1 coach to assess the BCU One Star they need to:
- complete the online Paddlesafe course (cost is £7.99)
- ask the BCU to "add the 1* assessment role to your profile"
From a BCU point of view you do not need to submit evidence you have been observed, but if you haven't delivered it before please shadow someone else first.
For a Level 2 coach to assess the BCU Two Star they need to:
- be L2 in the relevant discipline (L2s can coach either kayak, open boat or both)
- once qualified, phone the BCU and ask for the "Assessor role to be added to the profile"
- no other paperwork is required.