Headings start and end with 2 or 3 = signs.
To make text bold, surround the text with three single quotes (ticks).
To make text italic, surround the text with two single quotes.
A blank line is used to indicate the end of a paragraph. Without a blank line, the text flows on in the same paragraph.
Lists have a * or # sign as the first character.
Lines starting with one or more spaces are not reformatted.
Lines starting with a : are indented.
|This text ...||looks like this ...|
==Main Heading== ===Sub Heading=== '''To boldly go'''. ''Some italic text.'' *A list with bullets *Another item in the list **Nested item **'''Another''' nested item *Final item in this list #A list with numbers #You can nest these as well ##Nested numbered item ##Nested numbered item #End of the numbered list Two lines starting '''without''' a space One line having extra spaces Two lines starting '''with''' a space One line having extra spaces :Two lines starting with a '''colon''' :One line having extra spaces
To boldly go.
Some italic text.
Two lines starting without a space One line having extra spaces
Two lines starting with a space One line having extra spaces
- You can also use the toolbar buttons which appear above the text entry box.
- You can always use the "Show preview" button to check how your entry will look
- Remember to save your changes once you are happy with them.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cheatsheet Handy summary - maybe worth printing
- http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing_toolbar Explains each of the buttons above the text entry box