Jump to navigation Jump to search
General guidelines on page structure.
- Start the page with a one sentence statement of what the page is - highlighting the main term if it is the same as the page name.
- For a large page - introduce the page with a simple overview
- If the page is one of a set - provide a link to the more general page.
- Include links to other wiki pages.
- Add a link on the first reference, but not the rest.
- Do not overload the main text with links which leave the wiki.
- Add any links at the end of the page with the heading More (with 2 = signs).
- Have links within the wiki first, then any links to web sites elsewhere.
- External links should probably be left raw (without square brackets), but can be followed with some explanatory text.
- The links should be a bulleted list (lines start with a *, without any blank lines between).